Converting Video for the HTC T-Mobile G1 Android Phone

As a followup to my post on creating h.264 video files that play on the Playstation 3, I'd like to share how I encode video for my HTC Tmobile G1 phone. It's capable of playing AVC/AAC videos encoded in a very low profile (no pixed data stored in the frames, no bframes, extremely small size, low bitrate). I've gotten pretty good quality, with this command. I'm using handbrake, which will convert just about any video file in the world!

HandBrakeCLI -i inputFileName -o outPutFileName.mp4 -x level=30:bframes=0:cabac=0:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=1500:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1 -e x264 --vb 300 -E faac --ab 128 --maxWidth 320 --subtitle-scan --subtitle-forced --native-language eng -2 -T


Just change inputFileName and outPutFileName to whatever you want them to be. This will work on Mac, Linux, and Windows.

1 comment

  1. Thanks :)
    This might come in handy. The iPod template seems to work fine too, but having a scriptable version is always nice

    ReplyDelete